Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Having a thyroid problem is a real problem

 I thought MS was annoying enough until I got told I had an over active thyroid. The thyroid is always thrown around whenever someone is feeling tired and run down but I never realised how serious and horrible it is until I started suffering from it. 

At first I was losing loads of weight and thinking this is good, I needed to lose a couple of pounds (something most girls would say). But then I realised I was finding it hard to concentrate on the simplest task, getting extremely tired, struggling to exercise without getting horrible pains in my chest and feeling very down and anxious (so much so, I had a bit of a breakdown at work). To be completely honest it’s physically, mentally and emotionally drained me and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.  


The reason I have a thyroid condition is due to my MS treatment. It’s one of the main side effects of it. I had my last treatment over a year ago but only just recently had the thyroid problem so at first I thought I’d avoided it. 


My nurse has made sure I’m on the right dose of medication and I’m hoping that it will soon settle down and I’m on the mend... starting to think I’m that problem child you had in your class at school haha! 


I think if you do have anything wrong with your thyroid it’s really important to get on the right dosage of medication asap so you can continue living your normal life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment